Tuesday, July 19, 2005

The Sunday Broadsheet

Has anybody seen my copy of the Sunday telegraph
I left it on the easy chair before I went and had a bath
I didn't take it with me cos I thought it would disintergrate
you can't prevent them getting wet (its far too big in any rate)

I read the second column 'bout a middle eastern woman
who negotiated treaties in a shed on Clapham Common
If she couldn't get the signatures her problem would deteriorate
then she would have to go back home and find a bomb to detonate

I'd just got to the section where she met a german business chap
They dickered over dinner and she went to bed to have a nap
she woke up in the morning she was sickening for a fever
but the doctor gave her anadin (he thought that would relieve her)

So that's where I'd read up to now I don't know how it finished
since my newspaper has disappeared my knowledge is diminished
Don't you hate it when that happens, just like every other mother's son
I'll have to nip out to the shop and try to buy another one

© 2005 Kahdoosch

2 Comments:

Blogger shyloh's poetry said...

Yes I hate when that happens.

This was so good. Ha. What a wonderful poem it is indeed.

Now is there a part 2?

12:16 PM  
Blogger Kahdoosch said...

It's the 'Benny Hill' in me.

Contrary to popular belief he was much more than a lecherous old pervy.

He introduced several production tricks to TV, had expert comic timing, some of his mime work was out of this world and most of all, his sketch writing is (now) probably the biggest unsung genius of the last century.

His doggerel comic verse and word plays have to be seen to be believed.

8:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home