Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Ye Gods

The bleary eyed mirror God
Saggy, baggy, poorly shaved
The Deity desire
Inside my breast enslaved

The late-night, outright, fever Fetish
Warm and damp and tired
The ‘secret longing’ Effigy
At all costs he must hide

The God of things I like to keep
His Acolyte, the past
This Demon… Whom I do not like
So taunts me to the last

The Idol ‘sitting silently’
His Nemesis, the phone
Resounding, shrouded Banshee wails
Reminding me… I’m not alone

A dark and hungry, vengeful Sprite
Who tends to dine in shame
The Fetch in the subconscious
I can never grasp the name

A pantheon of satyrids
Since Chrysalis have grown
All these gods I now obey
And worship as my own

© 2005 Kahdoosch

3 Comments:

Blogger shyloh's poetry said...

Ok I am here.

This is very interesting. Many gods we do seem to have.

"A dark and hungry, vengeful Sprite
Who tends to dine in shame
The Fetch in the subconscious
I can never grasp the name"

Now that is awesome!!!

1:51 PM  
Blogger Kahdoosch said...

Hi shy,

I've not been around much myself recently... Too many things to do and not enough time. Txs for the appreciation. It's nice to get feedback on poems.

It's cool to see what particular part of what you write resonates with people.

9:55 AM  
Blogger shyloh's poetry said...

HA HA yes what does sesonate. Sorry you are so busy. Hope ya don't get so busy ya just up and leave us. BOOHOO..

11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home