Monday, July 18, 2005

The Celt In Me

A drop of the jallop
The 'Pint' they call 'The Black'
Elbow raise, WALLOP
Pat on the back
One glass, another glass
“Pass me the porter”
Off to the ‘Church’
For some more 'holy water'
Switch to the 'Barleycorn'
A song in the 'Heart’
Hail fellow, well met
In sorrow do we part
The Bodhran, Uilean
The bloody singin' fiddle
Drum, Bow and Bagpipe
Another Jimmy riddle?
Stagger down weepy lane
Family dismissed
Not really sorry
Just fock’n pish'd

© 2005 Kahdoosch

2 Comments:

Blogger Kahdoosch said...

Txs jb.

It's great to get positive feedback from people whose work is as of such high quality as yours (that goes for Shy, etc as well.

Reciprocated cheers for the visit. You can be sure I'll be a regular at your site (if I may).

BTW I really like 'A Blanket', deceptively poignant and quite, quite, lovely.

10:57 PM  
Blogger shyloh's poetry said...

OOOOOO This is so cool. It took me back to the bad old days when I sit in church in a haze.

Why wasn't God ever talkin to me
I guess the light, I just couldn't see.

kahd, awesome poem!!! Just awesome!!!

Did I mention awesome?

PS: Isn't jb cool!

11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home