Monday, July 25, 2005

Predators and dead animals

They bring them in
Frozen, mangled, rictus grin
They line them up
Sunken, as if part melted
onto tile, they bring them in

New pretties for me, mice, birds, voles
Should I twitch them on limber poles?
String them on a stout wide belt
Chastity of warding
Should I tamp them down deep-holes?

Mark their hunting-ground with feather,
jawbones, teeth, scraps of leather
Dried blood and incantations
Potent rune of thorn, unleashed,
unbridled, like night, like weather

Thoughtless, force of nature, lawless
Cause of claw imposed on claw-less
Death-thrown sculpture
Lonely, primitive frisson
Clarity of instinct, flawless

Hunted is as hunter be
All are locked-in, destiny
Unbroken cycles of renewal
Mirrors of denied intent
In rows, laid out for me

© 2005 Kahdoosch

3 Comments:

Blogger shyloh's poetry said...

WOW! death in all it "beauty? My goodness this is totally awesome!

You need to calm down. HA! Ok I am going to ponder this more. Cause I sure do love it. Amazing!

12:23 PM  
Blogger Kahdoosch said...

Txs agin folks.

I was interupted about ten times trying to write the last stanza, de-zoned. I hate it when that happens.

As a result it doesn't say exactly what I wanted it to (something more concrete about the level of our own ill-expressed/surpressed predatory instincts). Once you lose the train of thought it's virtually impossible to get it back again... Ah well.

:-)

1:26 PM  
Blogger Kahdoosch said...

Hi Iman,

Nice to see you here, I'm just about to nip over to your 'other' blog. Found it last night but haven't registered yet to comment.

Do you mind if I link it from here? I think it's an interesting place to visit.

Txs for the encouragement, it's great to get positive comments from writers one admires.

10:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home