Monday, June 20, 2005

The Use of Words

I know the longest one
Floccinaucinihilipilification
I've never used it, not in speech
In conversation, nor to teach
No use to poets, you can see by the above
It doesn't metre not for money or for love
In essence, I'm not sure that folk would know
The meaning of the ebb and flow
Of syllables meant to confuse
And so this word I'll never use

Looks like I've gone and done it now
I've hitched the wild horse to the plough
Who knows what' that will turn up next
What gnarley root lies hidden in a line of text
I know… I find it easy to define
The words I use, when they are mine
For others it might not be clear
An abstract word they're forced to hear
Ah well! It's done, although I never meant
A wasted word but nonetheless, well spent

© 2005 Kahdoosch

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home